Dear New Customer:
This is to acquaint you with the rules concerning your utility bills. As a convenience to you we have listed them below:
- Meters are physically read between the 13th and 16th of each month. We mail statements on approximately the 25th of the month. If you do not receive a bill in the mail by the 1st, please notify the office. All bills are due and payable from the 25th of the billing month and delinquent on the 15th of the following month. Electric, gas, water, sewer, and landfill are all payable at the office of the Municipal Light & Power.
- A 1.5% penalty is added to all bills not paid on or before the 15th of the month. The penalty is calculated and will show as a balance forward on your following month’s bill.
- All customers whose bills are not paid on or before the due date are subject to discontinuation of the service.
- NOTE: The above rules apply to all utilities, electric, gas, water and sewer.
- There is a monthly charge of $4.90 for landfill to help pay Woodbine’s assessment of the county landfill. This assessment has nothing to do with waste pick-up, If needed, a private contractor must be contacted.
- To qualifying customers, we offer Budget Billing after one year of service. Also available, direct withdrawal from your bank account.
If you have any questions, please stop by our office or call 647-2340.
Our business hours are 7:30 a.m. 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.